WHY BUILDING BLOCKS ARE FOR YOU?
Building Blocks present a unique opportunity for you to pick up some quick skills as a Tradie. Whether you are interested in Carpentry, Tiling, Waterproofing, Bricklaying, there is something for you to gain from Building Blocks. Even if it is just to do some renovations around the house.
If you are already an experienced Tradie, you can choose to learn more about Building Codes and Standards, or even Work Health and Safety on a construction site.
And yes, we do offer White Cards (QLD and WA) as part of our Building Blocks offerings!
The benefits of Building Blocks:
- Does not compromise your current lifestyle
- Learn a great amount of skills in a short period
Understanding Building Codes and Standards
|Unit code||Unit name|
|CPCCBC5001||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Type B construction|
|CPCCBC4001||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings|
|CPCCBC4053||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C Buildings|
The courses requires no prerequisites; even if you are brand new to Trade, with the right attitude and appetite to learn, you will be able to join the course.
While there are no prerequisites for the course, you will need to have access to a laptop or desktop computer with a reliable internet connection.
To demonstrate competency in a unit of competency, you will undertake a number of assessment pieces. The assessments are made up of a mix of questions, reports, and/or practical demonstrations. Some assessment pieces will require observation. It is recommended that you have access to a webcam or a smart phone and have access to a live construction worksite. For those who do not have access to a worksite, observations can be undertaken at one of our purpose built training facilities in Brisbane or Perth.
What happens next?
Here’s what you can expect after you’ve applied.
- You can go on to complete the online enrolment process or contact your course advisor with any questions you might have
- Once enrolled, you will receive your log in details to our online learning platform, Everthought Now where you can commence your study
- Upon completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment for successfully completing the requirements for:
- CPCCBC5001 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Type B construction
- CPCCBC4001 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings
- CPCCBC4053 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C Buildings